Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Since I discovered fishing as a form of relaxation years ago, I must have amassed a total of 4 caught fishes with an aggregated weight of 15 lbs. Many question my desire to continue such a fruitless endeavor (mostly my girlfriend)but they fail to comprehend the pleasure it entails. The calm waters, cool breezes, relaxing ambiance and that tiny suggestion or hope that today may be the day I catch the big one.

After its all said and done fishing remains my favorite pastime. Unlike my other joys; tennis, golf and basketball, there is no competition. Sure I have essentially laid out a challenge to the fishes but quite frankly I don't care whether or not they take the bait. All that matters is when I return home from fishing half my worries have flown away. Wouldn't you agree that this makes it worthwhile?

So this weekend, while the whole island of St. Lucia will be thronging the streets enjoying the carnival celebrations I will be on a quiet beach somewhere feeding the fish...I mean fishing. And who knows, I may just catch that big one after all!

4 comments:

  1. well enjoy ur fishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you will get enjoyment just like i will from the intoxicating music and we both will get the hot sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never I never did end up fishing. Stayed home and played with my ps3. Guess I am all talk heh...

    ReplyDelete